For some, choosing between a foreign or domestic vehicle is not an important factor. For others, owning either a foreign vehicle or a domestic vehicle is just as important, if not more so, than low mileage, extravagant amenities, or high fuel-efficiency. At Joe’s Auto Sales, we feature both foreign and domestic vehicles in our sales lot. Let us help you make this important decision by briefly discussing the pros and cons of both types of vehicles.
Domestic Vehicles – Pros
There are two top reasons those who prefer driving American-made used vehicles choose to do so:
- Affordable luxury – Domestic vehicles are known for offering higher-end value at a lower sales price.
- American-made – Americans like the idea of supporting their fellow workers by purchasing domestic cars.
Domestic Vehicles – Cons
When it comes to quality and reliability, domestic vehicles do not rank high on the list:
- Average ratings – Time and time again, domestic used cars have ranked lower than foreign-made vehicles.
- Less reliable – Overall, domestic vehicles are less reliable than foreign cars, which translates to more repairs for a lower quality vehicle.
- Poor fuel efficiency – American-made vehicles have much lower gas mileage.
Foreign Vehicles – Pros
Historically, foreign vehicles have been able to boast these three top rankings:
- High ratings – Most of the top-ranked used cars across the world are foreign.
- Reliability – Japanese cars, in particular, have been found to be very reliable, meaning fewer repairs and higher resale value.
- Less expensive – Many foreign used cars are much less expensive than their American-made equivalents.
Foreign Vehicles – Cons
For these reasons, many people choose domestic used cars over foreign ones:
- Difficulty finding parts – Anyone who has owned a foreign vehicle knows the hardship of trying to find an inexpensive part when repairing their foreign car.
- Made overseas – As stated in the pros for domestic used cars, many believe in supporting American business as much as possible.
Contact Joe’s Today
Contact either of our used car dealerships in the Indianapolis area – (317) 405-8545 (East Location) or (317) 756-9180 (South Location) – to learn more about our used cars, used trucks, used SUVs, or used motorcycles for sale. We look forward to helping you choose your next used vehicle!
Rodeck, David. “Foreign Cars vs Domestic Cars: Pros and Cons” Blog article. Lending Tree, LLC. Web. 19 Jul. 2019. Accessed. 10 Mar. 2020.