When it’s time to consider the purchase of another vehicle, it may be difficult to decide between a brand new vehicle or a used one from a dependable dealership like Joe’s Auto Sales. We understand that making this type of decision is not always easy, so we have created a list of the pros and cons of buying a used vehicle. This may help you decide which type of purchase is best for you and your family.
Pros of Buying a Used Car
- More Affordable – Buying a used vehicle is much more affordable than purchasing a new one. A reliable dealership such as Joe’s can also help with financing for those who may have a history of poor credit.
- Less Depreciation – The moment you drive a new car off the sales lot it depreciates dramatically. Used cars do not lose their value nearly as quickly as new cars.
- Lower Insurance Costs – Insuring a used vehicle can save considerably on your budget. Newer cars are much more expensive to insure, as they would cost quite a bit more to replace in the event of an accident.
Cons of Buying a Used Car
- Unknown Defects – Most dealerships do their best to thoroughly check over a used vehicle for any defects. The service department at Joe’s optimizes our efforts with a 100-point checklist. This ensures a thorough check of the entire vehicle before adding it to our sales lot.
- Repairs Likely – The number of repairs is likely to increase with a used vehicle. This is why Joe’s offers an excellent service program for our customers that includes valuable, discounted services. We want to help you keep your vehicle in the best condition possible.
- Limited Inventory – Typically, with used vehicle dealerships, your options are limited. At Joe’s, we have a large sales lot stocked with all types of used vehicles, including compact cars, mid-size cars, SUVs, minivans, and more.
Purchase a Vehicle from Joe’s Today
To learn more about our used vehicle inventory, contact Joe’s at either of our locations: East (317) 405-8545 or South (317) 756-9180. Along with both of our full, used vehicle lots, we are glad to offer quick and easy financing options, maintenance and service programs, and convenient payment options for customers in the Indianapolis and surrounding areas.