With the weather warming up, soon we’ll be enjoying beautiful flowers, spring rain, and melting snow. While spring does bring with it some bright sunshine, it can also bring with it slick roads and slippery streets. To help you stay safe during this time of year, Joe’s Auto Sales would like to provide you with some guidelines for driving in unfavorable road conditions.
1. Heavy Traffic
Driving through heavy traffic can be a nerve-wracking experience. You need to watch for vehicles that may be too close behind you as well as make sure no one pulls out in front of you. Then there’s the driver who is always in a hurry and zig-zagging through traffic like it’s no big deal. When traffic is tight, follow these tips:
- Keep a safe distance from cars in front of you.
- Don’t be too aggressive as traffic speed can change in an instant.
- Turn on your blinker and slowly change lanes as needed.
2. Night Driving
Night driving is another area that can be challenging for some drivers. For those who struggle with driving in the dark, take these extra precautions:
- If you’re falling asleep at the wheel, pull over immediately. Don’t risk the chance of nodding off while driving.
- Turn on your high beams when no one is driving ahead of or toward you.
- Slow down as needed, especially if there are extra distractions like heavy traffic or adverse weather.
3. Bad Weather
Driving through bad weather like rainstorms, icy conditions, and foggy views can make it even more difficult to navigate while on the roads. Follow these tips to keep you, and everyone else, safe:
- Drive at the normal speed or slow down, if needed.
- Avoid making frequent lane changes as this can increase the chance of an accident.
- Turn on your headlights so you can see and others can see you through rain, fog, or snow.
- Use your turn signals early so those behind you have time to slow down.
Contact Us Today
We have a wide selection of used cars, used trucks, used vans, and more at our East Indianapolis location. Contact us today by calling (317) 405-8545 when you need a new-to-you vehicle. We are more than happy to help you find the right car for you.
Source: “How To Drive In Adverse Conditions Like Rain Or Fog.” Blog article. Owings Auto. 01 Mar. 2021. Web. 11 Mar. 2022.